The 2018 ABP Newport Wales 10K will take place on Sunday 29 April.
The 10K race will add an exciting extra dimension to the inaugural ABP Newport Wales Marathon, giving runners of all abilities the chance to be a part of one of Wales’ largest weekends of running – without having to complete the challenging marathon distance.
The ABP Newport Wales 10K forms part of the Run 4 Wales 10K Series. Season tickets are available for just £59 (a £10 saving) and include entry into all three races in the series – The ABP Newport Wales 10K, Brecon Carreg Cardiff Bay Run and Brecon Carreg Barry Island 10K. Only 1,000 are available so act fast if you want to secure your discounted entries!
|Affiliated Entry (for athletes affiliated to a UKA running club)||£21|
|NSPCC Fundraiser (pledging to raise £200)||£10 (the first 50 to sign up will pay just £1)|
|Run 4 Wales 10K Season Ticket (Cardiff Bay Run, ABP Newport Wales 10K, Barry Island 10K)||£59 (a £10 discount)|
*An admin fee will be charged on top of race entry by ACTIVE, who manage our online registration system. This fee is non-refundable.
RUN FOR CHARITY
Charity is at the heart of the ABP Newport Wales 10k – where many will be raising money for fantastic good causes. Knowing your run has helped others gives a huge boost to the satisfaction you’ll feel on finishing the race – and keep you motivated during your training.
Only our Lead and Associate Charity Partners have fundraiser spaces available in the 10K – and we encourage runners to fundraise for them if you are looking for a good cause to represent!
Lead Charity the NSPCC have £10 spaces available for runners pledging to raise £200. #TeamNSPCC runners will receive a personalised training plan, training day with expert coaches, a Facebook community to share training tips and experiences with and post-race reception!
The Wallich, Cancer Research Wales and Noahs Ark Charity also have great offers and benefits available to runners pledging to run for them!
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participants must be 15 years of age or older on the day of the event.
2. When registering all participants must sign our terms and conditions.
3. Participants must complete the 10 kilometer course in less than 2 hours – our event cut-off time.
4. Names and/or video footage or photographs taken during their participation may be used to publicise the ABP Newport Wales Marathon or other Run 4 Wales events.
5. Participant race numbers may not be passed on or sold to any other person. We offer a transfer service to all runners until one month before the race.
6. Registrations will close on the date publicised on the event website homepage.
7. Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
8. Participants must be fit to run and free from injury
9. Under no exceptions can a participant collect their race pack after the designated time slots.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION FEE
Event pack including information booklet, running number and timing chip
- Training advice and support
- High-quality medal to commemorate your achievement
- Commemorative technical finishers t-shirt
- Access to the event facilities, including toilets
- Water station available along the route
- A text post event with your race time (if you have supplied us with your mobile number)
- Use of a live tracking app
- Predicted finish time pacers in every start wave
CHANGE YOUR DETAILS AND TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY
If you would like to make changes to your team, or your registration (address, predicted time etc), please click the below icon to log into the ACTIVE MyEvents Portal.
If you are no longer able to run the ABP Newport Wales 10K you have until Monday 12th March to transfer your entry. You can transfer your entry via a link on your confirmation email.
Fancy taking on the ABP Newport Wales Marathon as part of a Corporate Team? Click here to learn more about our Corporate Challenge.