We’re delighted to announce an exciting 100 space giveaway across the ABP Newport Wales Half Marathon and 10K for 2024.
We believe in the power of mass participation and the ability that events like the Newport Marathon have to improve the health and well-being of the nation by inspiring people to take up running and make positive life changes.
We want to ensure as many people as possible have the opportunity to get active and make healthy lifestyle changes – so we’re launching a new 100 Club initiative and donating 100 free places in the half marathon and 10K races to people who can use them as vehicle to improve their health and wellbeing.
People are able to nominate themselves, someone they know or a group. They just need to give a short reason as to why they want to be part of the 100 Club. Anyone can apply, but the majority of successful applicants will from would-be runners living or working within an NP postcode.
The chosen applicants will then be able to choose between a free 10K or half marathon space at the ABP Newport Wales event which takes place on Sunday 28th April.
However, those recruited to join the 100 Club must be at least 15 years of age on the day of the event to be able to attend and participate in the 10K and 17 years for the half marathon.
Alongside the free event space, membership of the 100 Club will include:
- A bespoke training plan, to guide new runners through the process of training for a 10K or half marathon.
- A Newport Marathon 100 Club technical t-shirt, to wear on race day and in training.
- An invite to a training event in March, including a talk with a running expert, an opportunity to ask questions, participate in a guided training run and collect gifts and prizes from event partners.
- A pre-event reception and VIP experience on race day.
- Access to a closed digital support group, to engage with others taking part, ask for advice or share progress.
- A free trial with run coaching app Coopah, which offers instant personalised and adaptable training plans, access to coaches and more.