If you have purchased a Multi-Event Pass granting you access into multiple events (Welsh Distance Double or 10K Season Tickets), you will need to treat your space in each race as an individual entry as it is not possible to transfer multiple race spaces at the same time. If you are registered for the Cardiff Half Marathon, you should have received a separate email regarding your half marathon entry and options.
1) A free transfer to the rescheduled event on 18 April 2021
Your entry has been transferred automatically so you do not need to re-register. We will keep you updated with details on the re-scheduled event as it draws closer.
2) The opportunity to transfer your space to another runner and receive a refund
We will waive the usual £5.80 transfer fee and you will have until February 2021 to make the transfer.
Please note that for insurance and medical reasons, all transfers must be conducted through the official transfer service – which is set up to ensure you do not need to share personal or payment information – just a transfer link.
Instructions on how to transfer can be found here.
3) The opportunity to participate in the marathon or 10K virtually
If runners can provide evidence of covering the race distance (using an app like Strava, a GPS tracker or a picture of gym equipment) we will send them a finishers medal and t-shirt in the post. We will cover the postage costs.
Please note, if you take up this option your entry in the rescheduled event on Sunday 18 April 2021 will be cancelled and this cannot be undone.
You can opt to participate virtually:
- Between 1 – 31 October 2020
- Between 1 – 30 April 2021
Finishers items will be sent to runners at the end of the two-participation windows(s), as long as they submit evidence before the deadline.
If you would like to take up this option, you will need to transfer into the October 2020 or April 2021 virtual race using the MyEvents portal:
- Login to the MyEvents portal using the email address and password you used when signing up.
- Select ‘2021 ABP Newport Wales Marathon/10K’ (if it does not appear – select ‘claim registration’ and enter the registration ID from your confirmation email).
- Select the ‘Change Event’ button and then ‘October 2020 Virtual Newport Wales Marathon/10K’ or ‘March 2021 Virtual Newport Wales Marathon/10K’.
- Complete the registration form. You will not have to pay anything at the checkout.
Please note: Only Individual, Welsh Distance Double or International entry types can be transferred into a virtual race using these instructions. If you purchased an entry via one of our official charities, a corporate package or by using a discount code you will need to contact the charity or code issuer to discuss if transferring into the virtual race is possible.