The ABP Newport Wales 10K will take place on Sunday 23 October 2022.
The 10K race adds an exciting extra dimension to the ABP Newport Wales Marathon, giving runners of all abilities the chance to be a part of one of Wales’ largest weekends of running – without having to complete the challenging marathon distance.
It forms part of the Healthspan Wales 10K Series, which also includes the Brecon Carreg Cardiff Bay Run, Healthspan Porthcawl 10K and the ABP Barry Island 10K. Find details on discounted Multi-Event Passes below.
|Affiliated Entry||for athletes affiliated to a UK Athletics club||£23|
|NSPCC Fundraiser||when pledging to raise £150||£5|
|Multi-Event Passes||when entering two or more races in the Healthspan Wales 10K Series||See Below|
|Marathon Entry||taking place on the same day|
Enter in 2022 with confidence. Learn more about the measures that will be in place to ensure your safety and prevent the spread of Coronavirus here.
*A non-refundable admin fee will be charged on top of race entry by ACTIVE, who manage our online registration system. You will need to provide a UK Athletics registration number to verify affiliate discounts.
Planning on entering two or more of the races in the Healthspan Wales 10K Series in 2022? A limited number of discounted multi-event passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Head over to the R4W website for more information on the series, including fnishers items, prize money for elite athletes, discounted multi-event passes for those interested in entering two or more of the events, and training tips from Healthspan ambassador Iwan Thomas.
RUN FOR CHARITY
Charity is at the heart of the ABP Newport Wales 10k – where many will be raising money for fantastic good causes. Knowing your run has helped others gives a huge boost to the satisfaction you’ll feel on finishing the race – and keep you motivated during your training.
We encourage runners to fundraise for our Lead Charity Partner the NSPCC, or one of our Associate Charity Partners – but it’s up to you!
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participants must be 15 years of age or older on the day of the event.
2. When registering all participants must sign our terms and conditions.
3. Participants must complete the 10 kilometer course in less than 2 hours – our event cut-off time.
4. Names and/or video footage or photographs taken during their participation may be used to publicise the ABP Newport Wales Marathon or other Run 4 Wales events.
5. Participant race numbers may not be passed on or sold to any other person. We offer a transfer service to all runners until the advertised transfer deadline date.
6. Registrations will close on the date publicised on the event website homepage.
7. Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
8. Participants must be fit to run and free from injury
9. Under no exceptions can a participant collect their race pack after the designated time slots.
10. Participants must only attend if they are confident they do not pose a risk to the health of others. They should take personal responsibility by taking a lateral flow test 24 hours before the event and not attend if they show any symptoms of COVID-19.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION FEE
Event pack including information booklet, running number and timing chip
- Training advice and support
- High-quality medal to commemorate your achievement
- Optional technical finishers t-shirt or Climate Action Fund donation
- Access to the event facilities, including toilets
- Water station available along the route
- A text post event with your race time (if you have supplied us with your mobile number)
- Use of a live tracking app
- Predicted finish time pacers in every start wave
CHANGE YOUR DETAILS AND TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY
If you would like to make changes to your team, or your registration (address, predicted time etc), please click the below icon to log into the ACTIVE MyEvents Portal.
If you are no longer able to run the ABP Newport Wales 10K you have until the advertised transfer deadline to transfer your space. You can transfer your entry via a link on your confirmation email.
Please note, multi-event passes are non-transferrable and can only be purchased by individuals.
General entries will close on Wednesday 28 September (or when they sell out, whichever comes first). Those who have obtained a space via a charity, corporate package or sponsor must register ahead of the registration deadline or they will be unable to participate in the event.