The 2019 ABP Newport Wales 10K will take place on Sunday 5th May 2019 at 09:45am.
The 10K race adds an exciting extra dimension to the inaugural ABP Newport Wales Marathon, giving runners of all abilities the chance to be a part of one of Wales’ largest weekends of running – without having to complete the challenging marathon distance.
It forms part of the Healthspan Wales 10K Series, which also includes the Brecon Carreg Cardiff Bay Run, the all-new Healthspan Porthcawl 10K and the Barry Island 10K. Details on discounted Multi-Event Passes can be seen below.
ABP Newport Wales 10K entries will close at midnight on 29th April.
|Affiliated Entry (for athletes affiliated to a UKA running club)||£23|
|NSPCC Fundraiser (pledging to raise £150)||£5|
|Multi-Event Pass (when entering two or more races in the Run 4 Wales 10K Series)||See Below|
*A non-refundable admin fee will be charged on top of race entry by ACTIVE, who manage our online registration system.
Planning on entering two or more of the races in the Healthspan Wales 10K Series?
Healthspan Season Tickets and Multi-Event Passes have now sold out!
|Healthspan Season Ticket (all 4 races in the series)||SOLD OUT!|
|Three Event Pass (any 3 races in the series)||SOLD OUT!|
|Two Event Pass (any 2 races in the series)||SOLD OUT!|
|Full Price (entering 4 races outside of the Multi-Event offer)||£97|
*A non-refundable admin fee will be charged on top of race entry by ACTIVE, who manage our online registration system. Savings shown are off the cost of full-priced General Entry.
RUN FOR CHARITY
Charity is at the heart of the ABP Newport Wales 10k – where many will be raising money for fantastic good causes. Knowing your run has helped others gives a huge boost to the satisfaction you’ll feel on finishing the race – and keep you motivated during your training.
Only our Lead and Associate Charity Partners have fundraiser spaces available in the 10K – and we encourage runners to fundraise for them if you are looking for a good cause to represent!
Lead Charity the NSPCC have £10 spaces available for runners pledging to raise £150. #TeamNSPCC runners will receive a personalised training plan, training day with expert coaches, a Facebook community to share training tips and experiences with and post-race reception!
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participants must be 15 years of age or older on the day of the event.
2. When registering all participants must sign our terms and conditions.
3. Participants must complete the 10 kilometer course in less than 2 hours – our event cut-off time.
4. Names and/or video footage or photographs taken during their participation may be used to publicise the ABP Newport Wales Marathon or other Run 4 Wales events.
5. Participant race numbers may not be passed on or sold to any other person. We offer a transfer service to all runners until one month before the race.
6. Registrations will close on the date publicised on the event website homepage.
7. Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
8. Participants must be fit to run and free from injury
9. Under no exceptions can a participant collect their race pack after the designated time slots.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION FEE
Event pack including information booklet, running number and timing chip
- Training advice and support
- High-quality medal to commemorate your achievement
- Commemorative technical finishers t-shirt
- Access to the event facilities, including toilets
- Water station available along the route
- A text post event with your race time (if you have supplied us with your mobile number)
- Use of a live tracking app
- Predicted finish time pacers in every start wave
CHANGE YOUR DETAILS AND TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY
If you would like to make changes to your team, or your registration (address, predicted time etc), please click the below icon to log into the ACTIVE MyEvents Portal.
If you are no longer able to run the ABP Newport Wales 10K you have until midnight on Monday 18th March to transfer your entry. You can transfer your entry via a link on your confirmation email.
Fancy taking on the ABP Newport Wales Marathon as part of a Corporate Team? Click here to learn more about our Corporate Challenge.