TRANSFERRING YOUR PLACE TO ANOTHER RUNNER
If you can no longer take part in the 2021 ABP Newport Wales Marathon or 10K due to injury, illness or other circumstances, you have until the our transfer deadline on Monday 13th September at 4pm to transfer your entry to another runner so you can receive a refund.
You will find a transfer link in the confirmation email you received when you signed up, or you can login (below) to your ACTIVE account with your email address and password.
If you have an Affiliated or Welsh Athletics entry type you will need to transfer it to someone eligible to take it (that is affiliated to a UK or Welsh Athletics club).
Transfers are conducted through our online entry system, ACTIVE:
- Existing participant generates a transfer link
- Existing participant sends transfer link to runner wishing to take their un-used space
- New runner signs up for the race, paying full price for their entry
- Once the registration is complete, existing participant receives refund
Our transfer deadline is also your last chance to make any final changes to your entry. These include:
- Your predicted finish time (this will determine your starting pen)
- Your postage address (where your race pack will be delivered)
- Your t-shirt size
- Your Welsh language preferences (this will determine whether you get a Cymraeg badge on your runner number)
No transfers or changes to entries will be possible past the transfer deadline as race packs (with runners specific medical and address details) go into production after this date.
USING FACEBOOK TO TRANSFER YOUR PLACE
To help entrants find a runner to transfer to, we have set up a post in the Official Facebook Event where we are encouraging those unable to take part to share their transfer link. We will not be re-opening entries until later this year and those now keen to run in October will be encouraged to take up a transfer link from someone unable to take part.
Please do not share personal or payment information on Facebook and use the official transfer service – which only requires you to share your transfer link.
TRANSFERRING FROM MARATHON TO 10K
Our marathon to 10K transfer service is now open. If you were registered for the marathon but feel like you can no longer manage 26.2 miles, you may drop down to the 10K if you complete your transfer by Tuesday 31 August 2021.
To complete the transfer:
- Login to the MyEvents portal using the email address and password you used when signing up.
- Select ‘2021 ABP Newport Wales Marathon’ (if it does not appear – select ‘claim registration’ and enter the registration ID from your confirmation email).
- Select the ‘Change Event’ button and then ‘2021 ABP Newport Wales 10K’.
- Select the ‘Marathon Transfer’ category, then complete the registration form. You will not have to pay anything at the checkout.
If you were registered for the 10K and would like to upgrade, or have any other queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02921 660 790.