TRANSFERS OPEN ON TUESDAY 28th APRIL
Transferring Your Place To Another Runner
If you can no longer take part in the 2020 ABP Newport Wales Marathon or 10K due to injury, illness or other circumstances, you have until the our Friday 25th September at 4pm to transfer your entry to another runner so you can receive a refund.
You will find a transfer link in the confirmation email you received when you signed up, or you can login (below) to your ACTIVE account with your email address and password.
Transfers are conducted through our online entry system, ACTIVE:
- Existing participant generates a transfer link
- Existing participant sends transfer link to runner wishing to take their un-used space
- New runner signs up for the race, paying full price for their entry
- Once the registration is complete, existing participant receives refund
Our transfer deadline is also your last chance to make any final changes to your entry. These include:
- Your predicted finish time (this will determine your starting pen)
- Your postage address (where your race pack will be delivered)
- Your t-shirt size
- Your Welsh language preferences (this will determine whether you get a Cymraeg badge on your runner number)
No transfers or changes to entries will be possible past the transfer deadline as race packs (with runners specific medical and address details) go into production after this date.
Registered for the ABP Newport Wales Marathon, but no longer feel like you can take on the entire 26.2-mile distance? Or do you want to upgrade from 10K to marathon? In light of the recent COVID-19 outbreak, we’ve made both options possible.
Transferring down to the 10K from the marathon is free, but you will need to pay the difference if you would like to upgrade from the 10K to the marathon.
If you entered the marathon earlier this year and had already transferred down to the 10K you will be able to move back up to the marathon free of charge but please note this will need to be your final transfer, and you won’t be able to transfer back down again later in the year – so please think carefully before making your decision.
If you would like to transfer your entry between distances please email email@example.com with the subject header TRANSFER REQUEST by 4pm on Friday 1 May. We will contact you after this date to confirm next steps. Please include the email address you used to sign up and confirm the distance you were originally registered for.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02921 660 790.